We're excited to announce the release of Dynamic Text Panel 3.0.0. This major release includes the following updates:
- Added the style editor.
- Added the code syntax highlighting.
- Added an option to select optional editors for display, by default, they are hidden. Editors with modified values are always displayed.
- Removed the panel padding. You can add the padding through the style editor.
- Added compatibility with Grafana 9.3.6 and updated workflows.
The plugin was updated in the Grafana Plugins catalog on February 21, 2023.
2 Million downloads
Dynamic Text Panel was downloaded more than two million times.
Community use case
One of the three plugins that complete Grafana is Dynamic Text Panel. With Dynamic Text, Data Manipulation, and Apache ECharts Panel you can create fully functional web applications meeting your needs and expectations.
Select Editor to display
Using the dedicated code editor with CSS syntax highlighting, you can create new CSS styles or alter the default ones.
Padding and margins
To display content without padding and margins, you need to override the parent CSS style.
Code Syntax Highlighting
Code syntax highlighting is based on the
highlight.js library, which supports key programming languages.
We included the Accessibility (A11Y) syntax highlighting style for light and dark themes. You can override it in the styles editor by copying one of the styles from the project source files.
A11Y light theme
A11Y dark theme
You can install Dynamic Text Panel from the Grafana Plugins catalog or using the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command:
grafana-cli plugins install marcusolsson-dynamictext-panel
Dynamic Text Panel is a Grafana visualization plugin that converts plain text and table data into visually appealing, easy-to-read information cards. You can use variables, Markdown, and Handlebars to customize the look of the outputted cards.
The Dynamic Text Panel plugin allows you to construct a text visualization template from the values of a dataset returned by a data source query.
Features / Enhancements
- Added compatibility with Grafana 9.3.6 (#147).
- Update the CI and release workflows (#147).
- Added custom styles (#149).
- Added an option to display optional editors (#149).
- Removed the panel padding (#150).
- Added the code syntax highlighting (#151).
- Introduced the breaking changes that impact the display of optional editors (#152).
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.