We are excited to announce the release of the Base64 Image/Video/Audio/PDF Panel 4.1.0. This major release includes the following updates:
- Added Image Scale Algorithm option.
- Added compatibility with Grafana 10.1.5.
The plugin was updated in Grafana Catalog on October 30, 2023.
1 million downloads
The Base64 Panel just hit an impressive milestone of being downloaded 1 million times! Thank you for your trust and support.
Image Scale Algorithm
We added a new section Image with one drop-down parameter Scale Algorithm to specify how scaling of the image should be done. We have three options to choose from:
- Auto. A browser chooses the best available algorithm.
- Crisp Edges. The image is scaled with an algorithm that preserves contrast and edges in the image. Generally intended for images such as pixel art or line drawings, no blurring or color smoothing occurs.
- Pixelated. The image is scaled with the "nearest neighbor" or similar algorithm, preserving a "pixelated" look as the image changes in size.
The Crisp Edges option is not supported in all browsers: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/image-rendering
You can install Base64 Image/Video/Audio/PDF Panel from the Grafana Plugins catalog or using the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command:
grafana-cli plugins install volkovlabs-image-panel
Base64 Image/Video/Audio/PDF Panel is a Grafana plugin that renders PNG, JPG, GIF, MP4, WEBM, MP3, OGG, and PDF files encoded in the Base64 format.
Features / Enhancements
- Update ESLint configuration (#84)
- Add Image Scale Algorithm option (#89)
- Update to Plugin Tools 2.1.1 (#90)
- Use Grafana Access Policy to sign plugin (#90)
- Update to Grafana 10.1.5 (#90)
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.