We are happy to announce the release of the Calendar Panel 1.3.0. This release includes the following updates:
- Added an option to display colors based on Event ID or Frame ID if the Color field is not specified.
- Added support for color schemes.
- Added the splitting of labels when showing in the drawer.
- Added display of annotation tags as labels.
- Updated multi-day intervals to automatically align events throughout the week.
The plugin was updated in the Grafana Plugins catalog on March 13, 2023.
Our latest video tutorial explains how to configure the Calendar Panel plugin in Grafana. We store our events in the PostgreSQL database, but you can use any supported storage.
Events are categorized into four types:
- instantaneous: an event having only the start time.
- continuing: an event having the start and end time.
- multi-day: an event having the start and end time and lasting for two days or more.
- ongoing: an event having the start time without the end time.
We improved the aligning of multi-day events. In the latest version, events are aligned by week, which prevents in-between gaps for events spanning for more than one week.
Events are displayed in chronological order, with the earliest events appearing at the top.
We improved the coloring options for events. If the Color field is not specified, events can be colored based on Frame ID or Event ID. In the plugin preferences, you can also select the classic palette.
The splitting of comma-separated values in the Labels field has been added into event details. The Description field supports the HTML elements that you can use for formatting event descriptions.
Annotation tags are also displayed as labels.
You can install Calendar Panel from the Grafana Plugins catalog or using the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command:
grafana-cli plugins install marcusolsson-calendar-panel
Calendar Panel is a Grafana plugin that displays events from various data sources.
Features / Enhancements
- Added compatibility with Grafana 9.4.3 (#87).
- Added the splitting of labels when showing them in the Drawer component (#88).
- Added annotation tags as labels (#88).
- Refactored the multi-day interval (#89).
- Added the event coloring based on Event ID or Frame ID if the Color field is not specified (#90).
- Added support for color schemes (#91).
- Added the video configuration tutorial (#92).
- Fixed the content scrolling in the Day drawer (#93).
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.