We are happy to announce the release of Calendar Panel 2.1.0. This major release includes the following updates:
- Added an updated version of the calendar, Big Calendar, a React library-based calendar that allows users to switch between month, week, and day views.
- Added multi-language support into Big Calendar: Spanish, French, German, and simplified Chinese.
- Added the filtering of annotations by type and maximum limit.
- Requires Grafana 9.2+ or Grafana 10.
- Added compatibility with Grafana 10.0.3 and deprecated support for Grafana 8.5.
The plugin was updated in the Grafana Plugins catalog on August 15, 2023.
Big Calendar is a new version of the calendar panel based on a powerful React library.
It adds a multi-language toolbar that allows you to:
- Switch between month, week, and day views.
- Switch back to the current day (today).
- Display events from the previous and subsequent time ranges.
The legacy calendar is a native implementation of the calendar based on custom components. Unlike Big Calendar, it does not provide a toolbar and has limited support for week and day views.
The legacy calendar allows you to display events from several months and scroll through them.
The legacy calendar and Big Calendar support dates in four native Grafana languages: Spanish, French, German, and simplified Chinese. Big Calendar also provides a multi-language toolbar.
The Calendar Panel plugin allows you to display and filter annotations in Grafana.
In the plugin settings, you can do the following:
- Select what to display: both alerts and annotations, alerts only, or annotations only.
- Set the maximum limit of returned annotations.
You can install Calendar Panel from the Grafana Plugins catalog or using the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command:
grafana-cli plugins install marcusolsson-calendar-panel
Calendar Panel is a Grafana plugin that displays events from various data sources.
Features / Enhancements in 2.1.0
- Added annotation types and display limits (#121).
- Added compatibility with Grafana 10.0.3 (#122).
- Added language messages for Big Calendar (#123).
Bugfixes in 2.0.1
- Fixed the options regulating the display of annotations (#119).
Breaking changes in 2.0.0
- Requires Grafana 9.2 or Grafana 10.
Features / Enhancements in 2.0.0
- Increased the test coverage for the plugin's functionality (#105).
- Added the Big Calendar component for rendering calendars (#106).
- Updated the ESLint configuration (#106).
- Deprecated support for Grafana 8.5 (#110).
- Added compatibility with Grafana 10.0 (#110).
- Updated the event display mechanism to correctly show events in Big Calendar when their start date equals the end date (#112).
- Added quick links for Big Calendar (#113).
- Updated the back and next buttons for weekly and daily views in the Big Calendar component (#114).
- Updated button styles in the Big Calendar component (#115).
- Updated the calendar resizing in the Big Calendar component (#116).
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.