We are happy to announce the release of the Calendar Panel 2.2.0. This release includes the following updates.
Only for the Big Calendar.
- New option parameter: event location.
- Text color auto adjustment to ensure a readable contrast with the background.
- New ability to select views: day, week, work week, and month.
For the Legacy and Big Calendar.
- Added support for dashboard timezone in Start and End time.
- Added compatibility with Grafana 10.1.4.
The plugin was updated in the Grafana Plugins catalog on October 10, 2023.
2 million downloads
The Calendar panel inevitably targets the 2 million downloads mark towards the end of this year! Thank you for your trust and support.
In the Event section, a new Location parameter is available for Big Calendar type only.
It is displayed in two places. First is following the Text, separated by a colon character(:). The second is in the Event Details, a popup window appearing after you click on the event in the calendar panel.
This feature ensures that a text color always contrasts well with the background color. It is available for Big Calendar type only.
Work Week and select views
In the Calendar section, for the Views parameter, we added a new option work week. The setting is similar to a week view, but instead of seven days, it displays 5 days and hides Saturdays and Sundays.
In addition, now you can configure which views out of four (day, week, month, work week) will be available for an end-user.
The feature is available for Big Calendar type only.
Dashboard time zones
Starting from this release, the Calendar panel supports dashboard time zones. Previously, it synched with the Browser time zone.
You can install Calendar Panel from the Grafana Plugins catalog or using the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command:
grafana-cli plugins install marcusolsson-calendar-panel
Calendar Panel is a Grafana plugin that displays events from various data sources.
Features / Enhancements
- Added Event Location for Big Calendar (#127)
- Added contrast text color for events (#129)
- Added compatibility with Grafana 10.1.4 (#132)
- Updated with Plugin Tools 2.0.2 (#132)
- Updated to use Grafana Access Policy to sign plugin (#132)
- Added support for dashboard timezone in Start and End time (#128)
- Added ability to select views: day, week, work week and month (#133)
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.