The Variable panel builds on top of the regular dashboard variables. It allows you to have dashboard filters in a separate panel which you can place anywhere on the dashboard.
The variable panel offers you single- and multi-variable layouts along with an advanced Tree View.
With the latest updates, this panel allows users to seamlessly switch between dashboards which adds to the satisfying user experience.
- Variable Panel 1.X, 2.X requires Grafana 9 or Grafana 10.
The Variable panel can be installed from the Grafana Catalog or utilizing the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command.
grafana-cli plugins install volkovlabs-variable-panel
- Allows working with dashboard variables in Table, Tree View, Minimized and Button layouts.
- Displays statuses based on thresholds from data sources.
- Supports single and multi-value variables with the All option.
- Allows filtering values by pattern and selected favorites.
- Supports follow when scrolling (sticky).
- Supports multiple Tree Views using tabs.
- Supports input text variables.
|Layout||Explains how to display variables in a table and tree view.|
|Features||Demonstrates panel features.|
|Blog posts||Related blog posts.|
|Release Notes||Stay up to date with the latest features and updates.|
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.
- Ask a question, request a new feature, and file a bug with GitHub issues.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and leave your comments.
- Sponsor our open-source plugins for Grafana with GitHub Sponsor.
- Support our project by starring the repository.
Apache License Version 2.0, see LICENSE.