We are happy to announce the release of Apache ECharts Panel 4.1.0 for Grafana. This feature release includes the following updates:
- Added support for streaming for WebSockets and Grafana Live.
- Added the Data Zoom feature updating a time range similar to the TimeSeries panel.
- Updated the product documentation answering community questions.
Streaming enables real-time data updates using streaming data sources and Grafana Live. You can find examples and configurations in our documentation.
Grafana Live is a real-time messaging engine introduced in Grafana v8.0. With Grafana Live, you can push event data to a frontend as soon as an event occurs.
To stream real-time data, we used the WebSocket data source for Grafana.
Data Zoom feature
The Data Zoom feature allows you to select a time period on the chart for zooming in. Once the time range is selected, the event can update the time range on the dashboard using the
locationService parameter, similar to native Grafana behavior.
You can find the code snippet in the Event Handling section.
You can install Apache ECharts Panel from the Grafana Plugins catalog or using the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command.
grafana-cli plugins install volkovlabs-echarts-panel
The Apache ECharts Panel plugin is a data visualization extension for Grafana that allows you to integrate charts and graphs from the popular Apache ECharts library into your Grafana dashboard.
One of the three plugins that completes Grafana is Apache ECharts Panel. With Dynamic Text, Data Manipulation, and Apache ECharts Panel you can create fully functional web applications meeting your needs and expectations.
Features / Enhancements
- Synchronized the README file with the product documentation (#111).
- Added the Streaming support for WebSockets and Grafana Live (#113).
- Moved the InfluxDB example to the guest blog post (#115).
- Updated the documentation and tutorials in the README file (#116).
- Added the data zooming to the default Line example (#117).
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.