We are happy to announce the release of the Grafana HTTP API Data Source 2.2.0. This release includes the following updates:
- Added the Local mode to access a local instance.
- Added the Values field for Annotations.
- Added Organization Users into the Request options.
- Refactored API and increased test coverage to 99%.
The plugin was updated in Grafana Catalog on September 21, 2023.
The Grafana HTTP API Data Source was downloaded more than 100,000 times! Thank you for your trust and support.
With the Local request mode, the Grafana HTTP API data source connects to the local configuration storage using the same Grafana privileges a user has been assigned during login and, thus, simplifies the access policy.
The Local request mode has no parameters.
With the Remote request mode, the privileges are taken from the token and might differ from those assigned during login into Grafana.
Values in Annotations
Starting from this release, the HTTP API data source digests the Values field from the Annotations's text.
As shown below, you can always use transformations to have one value per column format.
Request in the query editor is a drop-down parameter that appears when you connect your panel to the HTTP API data source. In addition to all existing options, we added Organization Users. The picture below illustrates the new possibility.
The Grafana HTTP API Data Source can be installed from the Grafana Catalog or utilizing the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command:
grafana-cli plugins install volkovlabs-grapi-datasource
Features / Enhancements in 2.2.0
- Moved API methods under the feature flag to support various Grafana versions (#53)
- Added an option to disable Alert Rules in Annotations (#55)
- Added a values field from annotation text (#30)
Features / Enhancements in 2.1.0
- Refactored API and increased test coverage (#50)
- Updated ESLint configuration (#50)
- Added Local mode to access local instance (#51)
- Added Organization Users (#52)
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.