We released the first community-signed version of Variable Panel 1.4.0. This feature release
- Added a Favorite icon to filter selected favorites.
- Added Tree View groups to provide location, configuration, manufacturer, etc. selections in the same panel.
- Added auto-scroll to the selected value when the panel loads.
- Added an option to display the variable name in front of the value.
- Updated Sticky scrollbar to support Grafana 9.
- Increased Test coverage to 99%.
The plugin was updated in Grafana Catalog on July 7, 2023.
The variable panel allows selecting values as favorites, which are stored in the Web browser's storage and are unique for each user.
The new favorite icon in the header allows you to filter all selected favorites for quick navigation and selection.
Tree View groups
Multiple tree view groups allow selecting variables based on location, configuration, manufacturer, etc.
Each group has its level configuration and is based on the data from the data frames. Levels from the data frame should have the same name as the variable.
An additional option to display the variable name in front of the value can be enabled to provide additional context for the users.
For developing our plugins we use continuous integration with 80+% test coverage to make sure that any changes won't break existing functionality. We talked about it in our developing panel plugins series.
The Variable panel can be installed from the Grafana Catalog or utilizing the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command.
grafana-cli plugins install volkovlabs-variable-panel
The Variable panel builds on top of the regular dashboard variables. It allows you to have dashboard filters in a separate panel which you can place anywhere on the dashboard.
The variable panel offers you single- and multi-variable layouts along with an advanced Tree View.
Features / Enhancements
- Add Tutorial (#21)
- Update adding new Level to last (#22)
- Hide unselectable items (#24)
- Use the main view scroll element to support Grafana 9 (#26)
- Add a Favorite icon to filter selected favorites (#25)
- Add Tree View groups. Requires to update Tree View configuration. (#20)
- Add an option to display the variable name in front of the value (#30)
- Increase tests coverage (#31)
- Add auto scroll to the selected value (#32)
- Community signed release (#37)
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.