We released the new version of Variable Panel 1.5.0. This feature release
- Added sticky header.
- Added auto-scroll for multi-group selection.
- Added drag and drop for tree view groups.
- Added expand and collapse all in the header.
The plugin was updated in Grafana Catalog on July 12, 2023.
We appreciate the feedback and interest in the Variable panel plugin. Provided functionality was requested by the community many times and we gladly contributed.
Interested to try the panel? Take a look at Grafana plugins registered in the Grafana Catalog.
One of my favorite features in this release is the sticky header, which allows you to filter values and select favorites. Statuses indicate when the plugin was updated:
- Green less than 365 days.
- Yellow for more than 365 days.
- Red for more than 730 days.
Single value table
The single value table was updated to support the
All option and allows to select a single value by clicking on it.
Collapse and expand all
We added a new collapse and expand all button next to the variable title in the header. It's a must-have feature to expand and collapse all branches at the same time for 5+ levels.
Tree View groups
A new feature allows to drag and drop configured Tree View groups to rearrange how they will be displayed on the panel.
The Variable panel can be installed from the Grafana Catalog or utilizing the Grafana command line tool.
For the latter, please use the following command.
grafana-cli plugins install volkovlabs-variable-panel
The Variable panel builds on top of the regular dashboard variables. It allows you to have dashboard filters in a separate panel which you can place anywhere on the dashboard.
The variable panel offers you single- and multi-variable layouts along with an advanced Tree View.
Features / Enhancements
- Update single select variable with All enabled (#41)
- Add sticky header and auto scroll on multi-group selection (#38)
- Add drag and drop for Groups (#42)
- Add expand and collapse all in the header (#46)
We're looking forward to hearing from you. You can use different ways to get in touch with us.